Manuscripts holdings is one of the world's richest collections of written landmarks of national and world culture from ancient Egyptian papyri to autographs of our contemporaries. The manuscripts held by the National Library of Russia comprise of over 1400 private archives and collections that today number more than 450 000 valuable items for all periods and countries.
- Armenian Manuscripts in the National Library of Russia
- N. Benois' Archives in the Manuscripts Department of the NLR
- The Codex Sinaiticus and the Manuscripts of Mt Sinai in the Collections of the National Library of Russia
- Cultural Heritage of Europe in the Collections of the National Library of Russia
- Day of Slavic Writing and Culture
- Early Qur’ans of the J.-J. Marcel Collection
- Medieval European Literature
- Ethiopian Manuscripts in the National Library of Russia new!
- Dutch Manuscript Material in the National Library of Russia
- Hebrew Manuscripts in the National Library of Russia
- History and Culture of Western Europe in the Manuscripts of the 5th to 19th Centuries
- Jewish Marriage Contracts
- Jami - the Last Classical Tajik - Persian Writer
- Marking the 175th Anniversary of the Birth of Pyotr Tchaikovsky new!
- Persburg Leaf of Miroslav's Gospel
- Poem «The Lusiads» of Luís de Camões in Mikhail Travchetov's Translation
- Russian-Armenian Ecclesiastical Relations
- Zaluski Manuscripts - First Collections of the Imperial Public Librarynew!
- Ostromir Gospel and the Manuscript Tradition of the New Testament Texts